Joined: 09 Oct 2002
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
|Posted: Sat Dec 11, 04 2:38 Post subject: Fom software/firmware 3.7
|Firmware 3.7 adds many more features to your existing MultiCom firewall! The Configurator has also been updated to make it even easier to configure your Firewall.
3.7 IPSec gateways now support DNS names (ideal for use with a Dynamic DNS service) !
- IPSec wizard on web interface
- IPSec connection testing from web interface and CLI
- Configurations 1-6 can be scheduled to load depending on day, hour or minute
- NTP accepts hostnames in addition to IP addresses
- URL filtering for all MultiCom Firewalls to block or drop connections
- Email logs and errors to multiple email accounts
- Internal dynamic DNS server using DHCP client's name
- Bridging between Ethernet and Wifi interfaces
- NEW OPTION - Network Monitoring to monitor TCP services
It also includes corrections for:
- Ethernet interface resetting itself to autonegotiate after reboot
- IPSec connection routing not using most particular connection subnet
- Rebooting an IPSec manual key connection disables the connection
- Accepting configurations 1-6 from the Configurator
- Stopping Guest users from being able to read the configuration
This update is available free of charge to all MultiCom owners (a valid IPSec licence and key is required for using IPSec features).