Joined: 09 Oct 2002
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
|Posted: Thu May 13, 04 16:23 Post subject: From software/firmware 3.6
|Firmware 3.6 adds new features and updates to your MultiCom Firewall! IPSec and SPI Filtering have added functionality and with the new High Availability option your networks will be more stable and secure than ever before.
Additionally the Configurator software has many enhancements too: configuration import to switch configurations between devices, popup help, improved Standard Filter wizard, and more. A new CertIssuer software is also being developed for managing IPSec PKI keys.
With fixes for:
- MAC based SPI Filtering
- IPSec PKI x.509 Certificate Authority, External Certificate and Certificate Revocation list support
- IPSec traffic discrimination support for protocol and ports
- IPSec "Allow Subnets" feature to easily configure Roadwarrior connections
- IPSec configurable Dead Peer Detection timeout and polling
- ISPec event log output on webserver and Monitor software
- Ability to start and stop individual tunnels (in Monitor, Configurator and CLI)
- DHCP over IPSec with Proxy ARP to serve Roadwarriors a local IP (recommended to be used with SSH Sentinel)
- High Availability for many services including IPSec using the VRRP protocol
- New CLI commands for IPSec, date & time
- Quick Restore Button enhancement: choose to load the boot configuration, a custom emergency configuration, or the factory default configuration, with LED feedback.
- Configuration import feature for exchanging configurations between different devices
- Connection tracking default raised to 4,096
- better time zone management
- increased stability for DynDNS, PPP and PPPoE