MultiCom Technical Support Forum Index MultiCom Technical Support
Supporting MultiCom Routers, Firewalls and VPN

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cannot reach some websites, but I can reach others?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MultiCom Technical Support Forum Index -> 3.x Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Support

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 02 16:31    Post subject: I cannot reach some websites, but I can reach others? Reply with quote

This can happen if you use PPPoE. Try enabling "TCP Frame Size Adaptation" (in firmware 3.3 and later this is active by default). Some known sites that this causes a problem for are... www.kingston.com, www.gmx.de, www.adaptec.de, www.tsr.ch.

In some cases certain web sites will not be available when using PPPoE connections. Using PPPoE over the Internet requires that data packets of a certain size move over the Ethernet connection. Usually this process is done by the remote web server using a discovery process to discover the best size of data packets to use. Sometimes Internet routers between you and the web page you are trying to reach do not support this process and the data is dropped by these routers.

To enable this service open the Configurator in advanced mode, on the "PPP" panel, "Global" window, and choose to enable the "TCP Frame Size Adaptation".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MultiCom Technical Support Forum Index -> 3.x Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: